bg

Monday, August 6, 2012

Let's talk backsplashes!

BACKSPLASH. This is one of my favorite ways to change the look of a kitchen. I call the backsplash the "jewel of the kitchen". The backsplash should tell a story either through the material or color you use. For instance, one of my Facebook friends was doing a remodel on her kitchen in her 19th century farmhouse and could not decide on a backsplash material. She and her husband had stone in mind and while that is fine, I had seen the pic of other materials she was using such as an apron sink, one of my favorite's by the way, and a cast bronze fixture for the sink. I immediately thought of a kitchen design that I had done in college. While I am an eclectic kind of gal, I have to say I am drawn to French Country kitchens. I had done a colorboard for my kitchen design and it was rich in cast bronze fixtures, apron sink, custom cabinets and island, a mixture of woods and rich in color and mismatched textiles, brick and stone, a hammered copper vent hood, copper pots hanging from a pot rack over the island and more!

                                                                   Photo source: Houzz.com
                                         Kitchen design by Chicago Kitchen And Bath Cheryl D & Company

So back to my point.....

As soon as I saw the materials she was using I immediately thought of a tin tile backsplash. It just seemed to be the perfect fit. I sent her some pictures of kitchens with tin tile backsplashes and she loved it and in fact, ended up using the idea. Here is an example:

Photo source: LINDAPAUL.COM


There are many different kinds of backsplashes and not all of them have to be difficult to install or expensive. I love Linda Paul's custom MADE IN THE USA tile. Check out her site.

.Check out this easy to install peel-and-stick tile!



Photo source: DIYNETWORK.COM

So there you have it!! Some great ideas for backsplashes. If you have an idea for a super cool, easy to install and budget-minded backsplash...please share your ideas with our readers in the comment section.

Remember creativity is limitless! Google is a great tool for searching out home decorating ideas! Enjoy!

Dezignfully,

kik

No comments:

Post a Comment